Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

Raising Funds for Children's Support Groups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bald-A-Rooney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 1:13pm
A wet and windy 6 miler completed today - not pleasant running conditions.

Rest day tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
False

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 7:51am
Back out this weekend, but still having issues with the bike, so opted for a 11 mile run with an 11 station exrecise course incorporated (Ickworth Park Trim Tail - http://www.flickr.com/photos/runninginsuffolk/1758292686/) which consisted of:

Step-ups
Arm Stretch
Vault
Sit-ups
Chin-ups
Press-ups
Leap Frog
Hurdles
Ladder Walk
Straddle Jump
Pole Climb

6 miler standard lunchtime training run planned in for today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 11:43am
A good 6m run yesterday, but struggled to keep up the pace at the end - still feeling the effects from Sunday's 11.

Rest day today! Interval training tomorrow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2012 at 7:34am
Interval training went well yesterday, with much improved times on last week. Must have had something to do with it not lashing down with rain or blowing a gale.

Back out for another 6m later on.

Will continue to work on my breathing and running style today:

Deep controlled breathing to get as much oxygen around the body as possible. This helps to sustain your required pace for longer periods. I'll also practice keeping my arms low and tucked in, basically so that my hands are just brushing the outsides of my hips as they swing through. This helps to conserve energy, thus once again allowing you to sustain your required pace for longer periods.

Edited by Bald-A-Rooney - 01/March/2012 at 7:34am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2012 at 7:26am
A good 6m effort yesterday, which saw me hitting a time of sub 40 mins. So that's around 6:40 min mile pace. Hoping to gradually bring that time down as the training goes on - have done so before and will do again.

Resting up today. Looking at doing some hill work on Saturday morning before training my U8s football team. Then looking at a 12 miler on Sunday.

Have a good weekend all! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2012 at 7:15am
Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to run Sat morning.

However, I went out at 06:30 on Sunday for a 12 mile run with an 11 station exrecise course incorporated (Ickworth Park Trim Tail - http://www.flickr.com/photos/runninginsuffolk/1758292686/)

It was cool and dry at the begining of the run, but the wind soon picked up and the drizzle began.
Thankfully I didn't leave it until the afternoon, as come 3pm it started to snow in Sunny Suffolk.

A tip for running against the wind: Never bend from the hips, always from your ankles.

Resting up today, back out on the feet tomorrow.

Edited by Bald-A-Rooney - 05/March/2012 at 7:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2012 at 1:15pm
Not too warm and not too cold out there today.  A nice slow 6M recovery run today - It's good to get back from a run and be able to walk for once.

I had planned in some intervals tomorrow, but instead of running I'll be joining my youngest son (#3) for his 4th Birthday Party! I know which one I prefer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2012 at 1:05pm
Core training last night and intervals today - getting stronger, getting faster!

12/13m on Sunday planned in.

Have a good weekend!
JuliaLee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliaLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2012 at 2:55pm
What are you doing for Highland region,SCOTLAND.  Keep the great work up.Also dates for my area.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald-A-Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2012 at 8:23am
Hi Julia, thanks for your words of encouragement, they really do help! Please forgive me, but I'm not sure what you mean in terms of what I'll be doing for the Highlands and dates?

Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic