Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

About alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesGetting involvedForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

False

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

INTRALACE SYSTEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marie b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INTRALACE SYSTEM
    Posted: 13/October/2013 at 11:10pm
hi am a new member thinking of getting an interlace system fitted , is there anyone on here that has one and can tell me a place to go to get one fitted . thank you
x
Sponsored Links
False

virginia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2013 at 8:18pm
I see no-one has replied to your query

the only company I know that do them is Lucinda Ellery

My friend had one fitted about 5 years ago it was very difficult to manage, not at all realistic looking and very heavy not to mention the high cost and maintenance costs.

there are much better systems on the market at a cheaper cost I keep telling people it's not the best because it's expensive, but don't go too cheap or it will be cheap looking, you can get a good Asian hair system for around £400-£500 and maintain it yourself.
I'v been wearing hair systems for over 5 years, mine are bonded with tape which will give you a hold for up to 4 weeks.
Linsey14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linsey14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2013 at 10:59pm
Hi folks, newbie on here hope you don't mind me replying. I had a bonded interlace system fitted by white cliffs- cost me about £1500!! It was good at first but then caused a terrible skin reaction and was so uncomfortAble! I now get custom made monofilament topper systems supplied by nhs- I only get one per year but it's fab!
michaelknight1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelknight1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2013 at 6:23pm
have a look at bloomsbury wigs, thats where i went, they're great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic