Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

Ruxolitinib

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mark1lions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark1lions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruxolitinib
    Posted: 28/January/2016 at 4:10am
So.......

I don't really know where to start wth this
Post....so I'll just get stuck right f**king in!!!

Ruxolitinib, 100% success rate for curing alopecia areata!

A report I read from 2014 when it first emerged in alopecia trails.. My girlfriend is a doctor, almost a consultant and I've asked on many occasions about this drug after reading about it online.

A drug used to treat bone marrow cancer. Already approved for human consumption.

Used in trails in 2014 but still on going so .......

i phoned the South Carolina university to ask how their trails
Where going. Over 300 hundreds patients with severe alopecia areata have now been treated with 100% success of total regrowth.

In the uk.....alopecia.... Not seen as life threatening (therefore we don't give a f**k)... Me.... (Will commit suicded if my hair doesn't come back soon)...... Aka life threatening....

Cost to prescribe in the U.K. £3500 a month...

Reason I don't get help...
Government are greedy f**king bastard arsehole c**ts....don't see alopecia as a concern, what can we make money off rather than help people of....

This might hurt..,, but I'd rather have terminal cancer than have alopecia!

At least that way I'd know there was nothing anyone could do....

Alopecia 'IS' curable, they have a cure, about time they gave us it.....
Sponsored Links
False

Deand2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deand2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2016 at 12:20pm
Mark

I think you seriously need to get some perspective (and some soap for your potty mouth Wink

To say you'd rather have cancer is crazy talk. You'd rather die than lose hair? Really?

I recently had to shave my head after battling with this for 2 years. It's not ideal, but I'm still alive and I still get to see my children, friends and family. I still get to live!!!!

I appreciate this is difficult but a cure will come along when it comes along. In the meantime, the only way to get through this is to lift your chin up, be brave and be thankful that you can still do things that many less fortunate people can't i.e. those with terminal cancer!!!
HelenH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2016 at 10:54am
Dean
I totally agree with your reply. Losing all your hair isn't a nice thing to happen, but there are much worse things that can happen.
Tilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2016 at 3:48pm
Hi Mark

I can understand why you are so angry but I have to say that I agree with Dean and Helen.

I hope you have had time to calm down and are feeling a bit better.

Tilly
calvia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2017 at 8:14am
Hi There 

I feel a little like you .  I have been on steroids and cyclosporine for three months lots of hair growth second time i have been on this treatment and worked both times . 
I Have just stopped the steroids and noticed a few more holes going to see my dermatologist tomorrow in London have you had any success in any treatments.
I hope you're feeling better 
Denise

Guest 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2017 at 6:13pm
What is great is that ruxolitinib seems to work well as a topical cream at least in some people

see http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/fullarticle/2474311
Also there's a nice photo of the brilliant effect on the 1st ever case reported!

but not in everyone, see

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1203475417716363?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic