Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

Trendco Brighton so bad...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trendco Brighton so bad...
    Posted: 09/April/2016 at 3:42pm
Hi to any brighton alopecians,

Just wondering if you have had any experience with the brighton trendco branch?

I feel like I need to get this down as I have had 3 pretty disappointing experiences there and wondered if anyone else agrees.

The first time I went last year was when my hair just came out and I was in tatters. I had no idea what was going in in my life so forced myself to buy a wig to see if it helped things. The lady working there was not in the slightest but understanding while tears streamed down my face. I ended up buying a black wig which was so weird as I am naturally fair but she was insisting that it suited me. Awful. I never wore it and it was ssssoooo expensive.

The second time I went back I got the same lady. Such a horrible soulless place with no music and beige walls with wig hair all over the floor. There selection is so bad that my only choice was a pre styled bob which was ok but looks like it had been tried in a few times.

I decided that I would never go back there and to choose so carefully to try to match my real hair colour. This ment buying a real hair wig but cannot justify buying another that I'll never wear and that will make me feel even worse about myself. I found it online on Wigs and Pieces ( best place for wigs btw after so much research! ) but it was going to take a month. I wanted it for my birthday ASAP so called trendco to see if the had it in stock and they did. Great. I knew exactly what I wanted so would try on and buy. I had an hour before I had to get back to babysitter and had made a booking and was excited.
I got there, waited 15 mins, eventually was ushered into a messy room (cut hair everywhere) more waiting, got wig to try on with abnother few colours that I didn't want. Waited 20 mins for the lady ( different older lady this time) to come back. Had to go looking for her and she was with someone else. I told her I would purchase and that I had to leave and she kept me waiting for another 19 mins until I just boxed it up and went to counter where she was deep in conversation with her client.

Another really sh*tty experience so if you are thinking about going there and feeling fragile, or in a hurry, don't do it!! There are places in London, trendco there is supposed to be good and you are treated well.

Thanks for reading and hope you haven't had similar experiences xxx
Sponsored Links
False

virginia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2016 at 9:55am
Sorry you have had such a bad experience. Buying a wig is a stressful experience and there no excuse for the way you have been treated.
It's important to do some research and know exactly what you want, most on the shelf wigs are far to thick and can look wiggy, you may want to consider a custom made wig with a silk top so you get a realistic parting with low density.
We have all made mistakes in our first purchase's so don't be too down hearted,my first purchase was a nightmare but 9 years on and I love my hair, no one would know it's a hair system.
Ells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2016 at 1:32pm
Hi there. So sorry to hear you had such a bad time at Trendco in Brighton.
I went there last June & was seen by an older lady who was understanding & let me try on loads of wigs. I felt no pressure & she was very helpful. I ended up buying a couple headscarfs & went back a few days later to purchase more & also brought some couve to help with the patches. I thing you should complain though as you have obviously not had a good experience. I think if I had been treated like you I would have definitely not brought anything & it would have made my journey with alopecia very difficult. After I left there I felt ready to deal with it. It's so important to have a good experience. I wish you all the very best with your journey. Take care x
Yvonne68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yvonne68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2016 at 10:48am
Hi everyone. I am a new member although I have had alopecia totalis for over thirty years.  I have tried every wig under the sun from Trendco etc. I am now wearing a custom made vacuum wig.  It is expensive although my hospital pay 50%.  It lasts longer, looks very natural and is the most secure as you do not need tape.  I wash it like my own hair and can dry it on my head etc.  Please get in touch with me if you would like to chat further.  I am going to the meeting at Trendco today and would like to meet other alopecia's as I still feel very isolated.  It would be great to meet others in a similar position over coffee etc.  Good luck to everyone who is suffering - it is not easy and in the early days especially difficult.  It does get better x

Yvonne68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yvonne68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2016 at 10:49am
i should have said re: my previous post that I no longer shop at Trendco.  i have a different supplier now.
calvia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2017 at 11:45am
Hi 
I am going to Trendco tomorrow and having read the reviews i am dreading it. But desperate have to go straight to work on Tuesday and have no time to go into London.
I live in Brighton it would be great to chat 

Denise
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic