Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResearchForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

New member sheffield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cherries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member sheffield
    Posted: 02/January/2017 at 10:09pm
Hi I'm a new member and clueless about alopica I would love to have my roots touched up but don't know if this is allowed. I Darent post on social media as feel embarrassed about it. Would love to chat to folk in.the same boat please
Sponsored Links
False

Janice241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2017 at 6:49pm
What type/how advanced is it?
I discovered a patch the size of my fist in November. The same path is now the size of my hand and also have 2 smaller patches.
I paid to see a dermatologist who told me it would take at least 4 months before it started to grow back, and would grow back grey initially, then regain the colour. He advised me there was no issue with colouring my hair.
cherries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2017 at 6:57pm
Thank you so much I took the plunge Saturday and had my roots done xxx
Janice241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2017 at 7:06pm
I'm no expert but ive done lots of reading up since I was diagnosed. There are so many unknowns (which I think is the hardest part to deal with).
Ive bought hair extensions to clip in when I go out, and if it gets worse may have to get a wig but will cross that bridge if/when I get to it.
I was distraught to start with but am learning to deal with it.
My advice...do what makes u feel most comfortable..it'll grow back when it grows back
cherries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2017 at 9:24pm
Thanks Janice I'm looking at getting a topper the female version of a toupee as it's on my crown and noticeable luckily I can wear a wooly hat . These things are sent to try us xx
momo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 9:02am
New member, Momo joined 26th January.

I have had alopecia now for 20 years and colour my hair every month, use a safe colour no chemicals.
momo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 9:07am
New member Momo.
Hi been suffering from alopecia for some years now and i colour my hair every month with a coulour that does not contain chemicals.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic