Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pickles Lilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pickles Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 27/February/2017 at 10:17pm
Hi

I am new to this forum and have lots of question and advice needed, I've suffered with alopecia universalis for 11years now I am a mum of 2 fabulous kids and a fantastic husband who is so supportive!! I am not gonna lie it was very difficult in the beginning as I did think for the first couple of years that it would come back, but as we are all aware alopica is so unpredictable 🙁 And the cruel bottom line is a am a hairdresser and spend most of my time making people hair look fab!!! The up side is I am able to style my wigs. 😜
Sponsored Links
False

Kayjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2017 at 11:29am
Hi You are a very strong lady by the sounds of it. Im struggling like crazy with this. I have being diagnosed in November last year. the patches have increased I have 12 now and some are big I am managing to cover them up but im so scared of this illness CryCry
i keep praying for re growth im on the steriod cream and my anxiety is that bad the doctor has reffered me for the injections and I have being prescribed Diazapam to help me sleep. Im feeling terrible at the moment I feel like a lost soul with this awful thing ahppening.
Gillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2017 at 5:24pm
Hi I'm also new to the forum I've had alopecis universalis for eight years I have a supportive partner but still have negative days and hope that one day I will have a full head of hair again! I find keeping busy helps... thinking of going to my local support group 😊
Kayjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2017 at 6:31pm
Hi it's awful I've been for steroid injections today my head is so sore
I'm
Just praying for re growth but my heart goes out to you
I'm so sorry for you don't know how you carry on. I live with my son my parents are a great help
I'm trying to stay positive but my anxiety is terrible do you suffer with it ? Xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pickles Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2017 at 9:22pm
Hi ladies, Alopica is a cruel illness and some days I feel really depressed that I am completely bald, but I try to focus on the positives, ok so I have no hair or eyebrows or eyelashes but I do not have to shave my legs armpits and other parts like all my mates do, and I also can get ready ultra quick by just putting my hair on rather than washing and blow drying . And I know your all thinking I must be mad but after 11 years I have come to except that my hair probably ( you never know) will never grow back, and I couldn't put my life on hold hoping it would. Take life by the horns and don't let it stop you doing anything, you are beautiful with or without hair, we have been dealt this card because we are strong independent women/ men and it will make us stronger 😘
Kayjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2017 at 9:37pm
Hi your so right I hope I feel more positive soon .
My head is hurting right now and I keep asking why me !
Your right about putting your on too. My parents have said if
I need a wig they will get me the best and my friend knows someone
Who makes them. I'm just feeling so low I have 12 patches done are tiny
But 4 are quite big I can still hide them as I have a mop of curly black
Hair but I still feel sad I loved my hair 😥😥

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pickles Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2017 at 10:16pm
It is really hard I know how your feeling, my hair was my crown and glory!! Some days are better than others and today I am having a positive day. 😄😄😄😘
Gillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2017 at 8:35am
I agree with you we are all very strong people.😀 Do you find the human hair wigs a better choice?
Garden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2017 at 12:17am
I am new also. My patches are increasing and hair thinning overall.I would really like to find support ie talking to people In my locality but as yet still alone. Had another acupuncture secession today . Feeling very lonley on this road . Am using betta mouse . An AA form.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic