Are emotions important to the psychological effects of alopecia areata?
Dr Emma Mullings and Dr Matthew Harries from Salford Royal Hospital are currently looking for participants with alopecia areata for a research study.
Participants need to be aged between 18 and 50 and must be right-handed.
The study will involve:
- A telephone call to check you are suitable for the study
- An online survey of simple questions
- A brain scan where you will be shown different pictures. This will take about 45-60 minutes.
- Computer tasks taking around 30 minutes
- Compensation is available for time and inconvenience
Please note that due to age matching with control groups, some people who volunteer may not be able to take part.
For full details, please check out this web page: http://www.citizenscientist.org.uk/research-opportunities/healthy-volunteers/alopecia-areata-emotions-study/
How to take part:
To take part in this study, contact the research team by telephone or email
Dr E Mullings (0161-275-7432), Dr M Harries (0161-206-1012), or email firstname.lastname@example.org