Why are hair follicles damaged in scarring alopecia?
Dr Matthew Harries from Salford Royal Hospital is currently recruiting participants with different scarring alopecias for a research study.
The study is looking for people with:
- Scarring hair loss diagnosed as lichen planopilaris (LPP)
- Frontal fibrosing alopecia (FFA)
- Chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus (also called discoid lupus erythematosus)
- Folliculitis decalvans (FD)
- Extra-genital lichen sclerosus et atrophicus (LSA)
If you have any of these conditions and would like to consider taking part, please check out the full details of the study on this web page: http://www.citizenscientist.org.uk/research-opportunities/volunteer-patients/why-are-hair-follicles-damaged-in-scarring-alopecia/
There is also a need for healthy participants with no history of skin conditions.
How to take part:
To take part in this study, contact the research team by telephone or email.
Dr M Harries (0161-206-1012), or email email@example.com