Following the publication of Alopecia UK's report that confirms a clear disparity with wig provision in under NHS England, we would really welcome those with alopecia 'getting involved' with the campaign to try to improve the situation.
We recommend getting in touch with your local NHS Trust or Clinical Commissioning Group (your dermatologist may be able to advise who is the best person to contact, or simply consider addressing your correspondence to the Board of Directors at your local NHS Trust - they should then forward to the appropriate persons).
We also believe it is worthwhile making your Member of Parliament (MP) aware of the report and the challenges you have faced regarding wig provision in your local area.
We are not allowed to give you text to copy and paste to either your local NHS organisation or MP but we do have the following tips of what to include in your correspondence:
- Your thoughts on the current arrangements for NHS wig provision
- How are you personally affected by NHS wig provision? The policy in your local area
- Why do think improvements are required?
- What would it mean to you if any/all of Alopecia UK's recommendations were implemented?
- What is the impact that alopecia has on your life?
- What does having access to the right type of wig mean to you?